Food Safety Supervision for Retail Business Level 3
This Food Hygiene Level 3 course is essential for any manager or supervisor in a food retail establishment. All managers have an important role to play in promoting food safety in the workplace, encouraging other staff members to follow good food hygiene practices and contributing towards the business’ food safety management system.
Who Should Take This Course?
This Level 3 Food Hygiene in Retail course is suitable for managers and supervisors in all types of food and drink retail establishments. The course is also designed for people wanting to move into supervisory management and the skills and knowledge that the learner will gain will enable them to work confidently, competently and safely in the food retail sector.
This Food Hygiene Level 3 course is divided into 14 easy to follow interactive modules and includes a multiple choice test at the end:
1. Introduction to Supervising Food Safety
2. Food Safety Legislation
3. Food Contamination
4. Controlling Contamination
5. Micro-Organisms, Food Poisoning and Viruses
6. Non-Bacterial Food Poisoning
7. Temperature Control
8. Checking, Verifying and Recording Temperatures
9. Waste, Cleaning and Disinfection
10. Pest Control
11. Personal Hygiene
12. Training Staff
13. Implementing a Food Safety Management System
14. Training Staff
By the end of this course learners will be able to:
• Categorise food into four distinct food groups
• Have knowledge of the way that bacteria can affect food and make it unfit for consumption, plus know how to control the risk
• Limit allergens from contaminating food
• Understand the basics of personal hygiene and why it is important
• Identify what is required from a food premises in order for it to be food safe
• Effectively clean equipment and the premises in order to stop bacterial growth and cross-contamination
• Explain the basics of a HACCP food safety management system and recognise the relevance of auditing and inspection
• Understand different ways in which food can be cooked, reheated or held
• Have awareness of the relevant food safety legislation and how it can be complied with
• Be able to state the safe temperatures for cooking, chilling and freezing food and understand how to take temperature readings.
• Know what the law requires in regards to personal hygiene when working in a food retail premises.
Matches RSPH and CIEH level 3 syllabus
Accredited by both the CPD and by iirsm
Fully online course and test with no time limits
On completion, certificate is instantly downloadable